Art Workshop: Boxes of Hope & Healing | July 14
- This event has passed.
Tuesday, July 14, 2020 — 11:30 am
Boxes of Hope & Healing
Join Ebell member and artist Aleka Corwin to create a 3-D collaged art box filled with your hopes and dreams. Decorate your box to express the things that make you happy, your goals for the future, your wishes for society – think of it as an altar to celebrate your experiences and feelings.
Suggested materials to gather for the workshop:
- A box (shoebox or wooden box)
- Aileen’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue (available on Amazon) AND glue sticks
- Small brush for glue control
- Sharp scissors
- Scraps of cardboard, foam core, or poster board
- Paint or paint pens
- Old colorful magazines and catalogs
- Wrapping paper and tissue paper
- Toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls
- Copies of photos
- Shredded paper
- Fabric and lace scraps
- Ribbon, scraps of paper, catalogs, junk mail
- Old letters, sheet music or manuscripts
- Items from nature, such as shells, stones, dried flowers
- Old beads, toys, figurines, sequins, buttons
This event is FREE but donations are greatly appreciated.
11:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Helene Seifer and Karen Numme, Chairs
If you have questions about this event, please email Meredyth Deighton: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you on Zoom!