Welcome to The Ebell of Los Angeles Job Opportunities
OUR MISSION: The Ebell of Los Angeles (The Ebell) is an educational and philanthropic organization founded by women, for women in 1894. Our mission is to participate in and encourage the educational, cultural, and social growth of a diverse Los Angeles community, as well as conserve and protect our historic clubhouse, grounds, collections and the Wilshire Ebell Theatre.
Current Position Available
We are searching for a Controller, who will be serving several entities within our nonprofit organization. Work includes managing accounting for earned income from venue revenue and theatre, as well as donations and fundraising for the nonprofit.
- Maintain & oversee financial files for organization.
- Maintain current and implement new accounting and membership management system
- Oversee systems, procedures and methods for record keeping, correspondence, interoffice communication, and financial activities
- Oversee accounting functions, accounts payable and receivable, billing, and biweekly payroll.
- Prepare and/or review accurate financial reports, files & documents for the Executive Director and Board of Directors as needed.
- Develop program budgets and spending reports for grants
- Prepare audit packages and coordinate with auditors in preparing audited financial statements and tax returns.
- Complete & track various applications, contracts & agreements between contractors, regulatory boards, insurance companies, etc.
- Provide coordination/administrative support on a wide range of initiatives led by the Executive Director
- Ensure compliance with accepted accounting principles and organizations policies, procedures, and contracts.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary/assigned by Executive Director
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a field related to management, accounting, or non-profit management
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Experience working in a non-profit environment preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Expert in implementation of a variety of accounting systems
- Knowledge of principles and practices of accounting
- Ability to supervise others in day-to-day work and on special projects, as needed
- Outstanding communication ability required to communicate and interact well at all levels of the organization, with outside clients, vendors and partners
- Able to work independently and as part of a productive team, with the capacity to take initiative and follow assigned duties through completion
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects and deadlines
- Self-motivated, with ability to work with little direct supervision
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and management skills
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail are essential
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- All Ebell staff are required to wear a mask indoors at all times on campus. Candidates must be up to date on vaccinations and boosters.
Salary Range: $85K-100K
CANDIDATES ONLY/NO RECRUITERS PLEASE. Contact us here.