Welcome to The Ebell of Los Angeles Job Opportunities
OUR MISSION: The Ebell of Los Angeles (The Ebell) is an educational and philanthropic organization founded by women, for women in 1894. Our mission is to participate in and encourage the educational, cultural, and social growth of a diverse Los Angeles community, as well as conserve and protect our historic clubhouse, grounds, collections and the Wilshire Ebell Theatre.
Current Position Available
Accounting / Membership Assistant
(Full-Time; non exempt)
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday with occasional weekends and evenings
Performs moderate to heavy computer work and assists the accounting and membership departments by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Club event check-in host and cashier.
- Prepare seating charts and table schematics for club events.
- Assist club members with small tasks.
- Collects deposits from various departments and records into bank book.
- Provides Receptionist relief.
- Maintains postage machine and prepares postage for outgoing and mass mailing.
- Maintains computerized time reporting system and provides reports to department heads.
- Assists Accounting Manager on all matters related to annual and special audits.
- Assists in preparation of other accounting reports and helps Accounting Manager as necessary.
- Maintains accounts payable filing system.
- Prepares vendor payments for signature. Mail and file back-up copies.
- Performs general office tasks.
- Maintains spreadsheets as created by Accounting Manager.
- Assists General Manager as needed.
- Duties may change depending upon business necessity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
At least an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or two to three years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer Skills: Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook. Working knowledge of QuickBooks.
Fluent in English with excellent grammar and spelling. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in a professional or business letter format. Ability to speak effectively to customers, members or employees with excellent communication skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Proof of employment eligibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, hear and talk. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by sending a resume and cover letter, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of The Ebell of Los Angeles to provide all persons with equal employment practices and opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.